Thursday, November 6, 2008

NEXT!


At the being of 2008 I was fat, smoking and not riding anymore. In March I started really riding again after two years of letting my bikes collect dust. It was REALLY hard in the beginning but now I have gotten some of the fitness back from the old days. Then in August after ten years I was finally able to quit smoking. It was a huge improvement in my overall health and I can still tell a difference everyday. So now that leaves me with one last thing. Got to cut out the fat! So as of Monday of this week it been a whole lot of soup. Campbell's makes these Healthy Request soups that are only 240 calories for a whole can, so that been lunch and dinner since this all started. I have also been eating 1 apple, 1 orange and 1 banana throughout the day. To snack at night it hard pretzels and mustard. In total I am eating around 1500 calories per day and no more coke's. There would be days when I would have four coke's and that alone is 1000 calories. Wish me luck... I am at 253 right now and really would like to see at least 180lbs. Some much for the Clydesdale series next year but I rather be lighter and faster then win a series where you have to weight 200lbs. I have always been big except for one year when I was a river guide and couldn't afford to eat, so I don't really expect this to work but I give it 100%.

3 comments:

Joey and Mandi said...

If you need any help let us know. Mandi and I know a thing or three about food and diet.

Be careful with the soup and watch your sodium and MSG intake.

Nothing but love, JOEY and Mandi.

Rolo said...

We're all behind you.

~Robbie

chimichaga said...

hey there buddy boy! kill the pretzle snacks at night... white flour product are seriously one step away from being sugar. you can also speed up your metabolism by eating a small meal every 3-4 hours...which really kicks the fat-burn in. (like chicken, veggies and rice is ideal) i know first hand.. i was over 250, fat and a smoker too only a few years ago! now im just slow on a bike :)