Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow & Cross Fit.

This week Davis got hit with it's second snow storm. When it was all said and done we ended up with around 10" - 12". The way things seem to be going we are going to be seeing a good bit of the white stuff this year.
Anni loves the snow


Tonight I was invited by Sarah Deacon to take part in Cross Fit over in Thomas. I knew the majority of the folks that took part in the workout so I was game. However I was not ready for how hard the workout was going to be. I did bike races this fall that took 7 hours to finish but cross fit made me really feel out of shape. Here is what we did.

The Workout
You are to do the following exercises as fast as you can.
30 Sit ups
30 Push ups
30 Jumping jacks
30 Box jumps
30 Leg raises
30 Squats
30 Weighted Squats
30 Squat thrusts
30 Medicine ball tosses

It was hard! The girls total kicked my ass, but I am glad I went. I had no clue my strength was gone. On the way home I was even light headed. Damn. The workout even though it's very hard, is kinda weird cause it is so short. Around 20 - 30 minutes depending on how quickly you can do everything. They make these Tucker county girls hard. Well, most of them aren't from here like me, but it sounds good. If your in the mood for a good ass kicking come to town on Monday or Wednesday nights at 5:00.
Deacon getting cross fit



Lampo showing off the new cut at cross fit


Speaking of workouts and snow this week the cross race is super nearby in Bruceton Mills, WV. However it's going to be interesting with the snow and all. Sunday the weather man's calling for a high of 37. That is just high enough to make the snow start to melt and if that happens it going to be one hell of a cold muddy mess. I CAN'T WAIT. Should make for some really interesting photos and blogging. Check back...

No comments: