Saturday, February 7, 2009

Getting ready for 2009..

It's been a bit since my last post, but things just have not been that interesting around here. It's not that I've been sitting at home, but who wants to hear about me skiing or riding the trainer everyday? Anyone? That's want I thought... However progress is being made for the 2009 season. As of right now I weigh in at 229.0 and that is down from 253.4 in mid November. Still work needs to be done to get down to my goal weight but it's looking good.

The skiing as been killer up here in the mountains lately, and just yesterday Mandy Starr, Nicole Siri and I skied up to Bald Knob. What a blast that was. The weather was clear and around 35F, perfect if you ask me. I have heard people talk about xc skiing for years, but never really had many chances to go living in Morgantown my whole life. That all changed when I moved to Davis. I now see why all the mountain bikers love it so much. It reminds me a ton of riding and the workout is unbeatable. I just wish the snow was a little more consistent this winter and could ski everyday. I couldn't image what kinda shape I would be in if that was true. Just like cycling you get to see things that are off the beaten path. Check out these photos from Bald Knob.




Skiing has not been the only thing going on around here. Spin class at BWB is still going strong. Every Tuesday and Friday Carrie Hawkins, Mandy Starr, Sara Lampo, Jason Cyr and I jump on the trainers and spin out the old legs. It is so much more enjoyable riding the trainer in a group like that. Team Bi-atch is always giving me crap about riding the trainer. They say GET OUTSIDE AND RIDE. However winter riding is pretty tough up this way. Slush on the roads most of the time make road riding sketchy and mountain biking is possible but can be extremely muddy in the "high wet lands" of the area. That's why the trainer is really the only way to go up here on a regular basis durning winter.

Well that's it for today but I'll try to update more often in the next few weeks. When April gets here things when be back to normal with regular update because of the start of the WVMBA racing season... Later.

2 comments:

gunnar said...

You failed to tell your kind readers that the "spinning/trainer" class at BWB involves Thongs.

Now if we only had pics JR.

Joey and Mandi said...

If you keep it up you are going to have to change the name of your blog. Way to go!

Joey

ps: my spin class involes thongs also. How weird is that.