Friday, October 3, 2008

Lapse in judgment #2


Them damn Bi-atches! Well the folks over at Team Bi-atch have talked me into doing the Iron Cross race on Oct. 11 and 12. The race on the 11th is just your average old cross race. That no big deal, I'll just get pulled after a while. The race on the 12th is a 63 mile slobber knocker and features nearly 6,300 feet of elevation gain. My fat ass better learn to climb.. I must admit it really didn't take anything for me to be talked into the race. I guess I just like to make an ass out of myself and be in pain for 8 hours.

Until then I got a full weekend planned starting in the morning. Tomorrow is the 11th annual Tour De Lilly. The tour is a all day ride on the hardest trails that Canaan Valley has to offer. Roger at Blackwater Bikes leads the ride and out of his own pocket provides lunch to anyone who comes out for the ride.. Nice move for a grump! Love ya Roger! LOL! Right after the tour it is off to the Charleston area for the Creek to Peek race. Larry and the folks down there have out done themselves from what I here and I am super excited to see what they have planned.

Sunday night I am headed to Ohio to hang with the Athens Crew for a few days. Meredith and I have already talked about riding Monday afternoon and of course polo Monday Night. Exciting stuff!!! Wish me luck and if anyone wants to ride the Iron Cross I looking for a someone. So go register at Bikereg... Come on, if I can do it you can to...

2 comments: