Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rattlesnakes & Leaf Peepers

Saturday saw the end of the Ultra series with the revenge of the rattlesnake. The race course took advantage of the trail up on Dolly Sods. I know it sounds crazy but I really had not had a chance to check out the riding up there since moving to Davis. However that changed when I spent yesterday morning up there taking photos of the race. The weather was not the best of days to shoot because we were in the clouds but every once in a while the clouds would part just for a second to see the beauty of that area. The leaves are really starting to change up here so that means it going to be sun up to sun down taking photos for me for the next week or two. After seeing everything that the sods have I plan on spending a good bit of time up there.




After about an hour of shooting in the sods it was off to the Plantation Trail area or Davis Loop road, what ever you want to call it. It was about 28 miles into the race and people were starting to look ruff. I wish the weather would have be a little more cooperative because I could have had some great photos but the rain kept coming and going.


At the same time as the race the leaf peeper festival was going on here in Davis. It also took a little hit from all the rain but it still kept the tourist busy with beer, music and food. I was able to snap a few shoots just before the 5k...



Stay tuned I should have some fall colors photos for you all soon. Just as long as the weather holds off.

1 comment:

chimichaga said...

you haven't ridden up in the sods?! man you must work too much! im not even a permanent resident and find myself up there all the time! Tell roger to do the Tour de Lilly up there like he originally wanted to do! get some pictures up there on a sunny day too! the fall colors up there will blow your freaking mind.. especially on harman trail!