Monday, August 18, 2008

BBQ and Beer!

***Hope you like the new title photo above. I took that on a ride to Elkins last week. Share the road! lol!***

I am finally finding a free few minutes to make a post after a week packed with traveling, taking photos and eating BBQ.

**Thursday**
Klara showed up at the house around 3 AM Thursday morning. She wanted to take part in the world famous Blackwater Bikes "Ride at 5", so she left the hospital Wednesday night around 11 pm soon as she got of work. I was passed out and didn't even hear her come in and so much for my two watch dogs! lol..

Once again around 25 to 30 folks showed up for the ride and I wasn't to surprised seeing that the weather was perfect. Darren, Ashlon, Klara, Robbie, Morgan Chase, myself and about 8 others started our own group and headed out. The group made the mistake of leading me pick the ride. I was wanted to get dirty, so we headed to the high wetlands on hunt club property. Here is the GPS info. It was a 17 mile mudfest and we all had a blast. I dare say it was the best "ride at 5" for me this year. After wards it was off to hellbenders for some food and IPA.
Smiles all around after that ride


Darren, Mandy, and Carrie making me smile


Poor Ashland always has to drive home to Elkins



**Friday**
Friday morning I headed out to Snowshoe Mountain to take photos for the weekend. The resort was host their Blues, Brews, and BBQ fest and I was hired by Subaru to take photos. It only takes a little over 2 hours to get there so before long I was shaving (believe it or not) and getting dressed up, have to look good when work the resort you know. I made my way to the court yard just as the music and free beer started. After a few hours of photos it was time for din, din. Fox Fire grill had Mountain State Brewery on tap so that's where we headed. After some more BBQ and a few pitchers of cold trail ale I was ready to head back to the room. Right before asking for the bill, Willy (one of the owners of Mountain State Brewing) walked in. Willy headed over and grabbed a seat with Gina, Ashlon and I. There was no getting out early now! Willy ordered a pitch and we started drinking again. I must admit it is weird seeing a man pay for a beer that he makes. After about 6 beers (which is a massive amount for me) it was time for me to get away. At 1:30 was able to get back to the room and crawl in bed.

**Saturday**
The second days of the Blues, Brews and BBQ fest featured 7 hour of great music, FREE BEER, and of course BBQ. What more could one fat guy ask for? Taking photos was a piece of cake because once the golden drink starts to flowing every one wants their photo taken. This is how the day went... Take a few photos, get Willy to fill my glass, take more photos, get my glass filled.. Working hard.
Ashlon grabbed my camera to take this pic. No clue who the lady is.


Willy setting up for the day


Filling a pitcher and pouring at the same time, nice!


See kids, beer helps you have fun! Go get some today!



After a fun day of taking photos I had to head back to Davis on Saturday Night. I would have loved to stay another night but I had to shoot again Sunday at WISP.

**Sunday**
I was off to Deep Creek at around 6 am on Sunday to shoot a Wake Boarding contest. That consists of me riding in a $100k boat all day and taking photos. Once again it was going to be a hard day... Now that I think of it how come every weekend can't be like this? The contest started at 7:30 am and man I am glad I was no the one getting into the water, it was cold out. I usually always hot but that morning I never took my fleece off. I guess from what I am told is that wake boarders do not like other boats messing up there water. Doesn't make much since to me also but if they want to start at 7:30 they can, I could just image what would happened if we had a mountain bike race start at 7am. No one would show up.
This is going to hurt!





The wake board contest ended around noon and I have been sitting here since then editing photos, help me!! Smoking update: Just in case you are wondering I am still 100% smoke free, it been two weeks now. I like to say that I never think about having a smoke, but it would be lie.

1 comment:

Fat-Boy said...

Other updates from Gina...wedding date has been set. 9-5-09.
=) Gina