Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A good weekend..

This weekend got an early start by me having to be in Morgantown Friday evening to shoot the Sprint, Splash and Spin kids race. Things went smoothly and it was over before I knew it. Being back in my old home town was fun and I decided to head to the Black Bear to get some good eats. Once there I saw Robbie L. and Brian T. so I joined up with them for a few drinks and some killer food. The next day was going to be an early one so I headed to the Black's house to crash for the night.

6am came early!!! Day two of the Sprint, Splash and Spin was for the adults. Every year this event is my favorite and the one I hate the most at the same time. I love it because 500 people of different shapes and sizes show up for the event just to see if they can do it. I hate it because I spent 7 hours sitting on hot black top and in the sun taking photos. This year there was an added bonus in that Betsy's mom and dad took part in the event. It was really fun to cheer for them. I think Betsy and Gunnar were pretty excited as well.

Betsy and her Mom & Dad, pre-race. FYI Mom beat Dad!



Around 2:00 pm I was all done with photos and it was time to hit the road south to Oak Hill, WV. I had a camp sit waiting for me at ACE, which was the site of round #15 of the WVMBA series. At the camp I was joined by Gina, Klara, Greg Moore and Jon for a little campfire fun. One problem, I not been smoking for 3 weeks now and I didn't have a lighter!

Camp for the weekend.


Wood is ready, just no lighter.


Thank goodness the store was open at ACE so Klara and Gina to a walk to get so matches. Once they returned it took less then a minute before we had the fire burning.
Fire, fire, fire!


Klara surprising us all with how well she could play


After a few beer I was well ready for bed since I had such an early start that more in Morgantown. I awoke the next morning feeling a lttile bit of the parting we had done the night before. I was to start registration at 8am for the race, I got up at 8:04.. Not good. As I throw on some clothes and headed up the mountain I was a little stressed. I hate being late. Once there it did take me long to figure out the race director wasn't even there so I started relax. That didn't last long because the staff at ACE kinda had thing a cluster fuck for me at registration and my blodd pressure started to rise. Thank goodness Gina took over and let me take care of other things. Some how we all made it though the mass confussion and the race was ready to start. I will not put you all to sleep with my race recap, but I did feel pretty good becides getting a little hot. I finished the 13 mile course in 1 hour and 37 minutes to finish fifth. I was pretty happy with that.

Still coughing up those naste cigurattes now and then.


One last piece of exciting news. I got a new road bike this week thanks to Cannondale. Also thanks to Drew Hannan for bring it down from the factory.

Ohh how I like the new bike and wheels



Funny things that happened over the weekend.
1) The lookon Betsy's face when I told her I apply shammy butter for free.

2) Gunnar sending me flying off the top of the floating toys in ACE's pond.

3) The pencil size piece of steak that the resturant gave me after paying $21.99.

4) Mark Way telling me he ran into a horse that was on the rcae course.

No comments: