Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Favorite Ride.

I have not been on the bike since the race on Sunday so I decided to take a pretty long ride this afternoon. I've done the ride from Davis to Elkins once before and it is unbelievably beautiful the first 15 miles. There are a total of 5 different waterfalls along the way and some really nice view of the Blackwater Canyon. I wish the same could be said about the next 25 miles but it's pretty lame the rest of the way to Eklins.

So I took of from BWB about 1:00. The Riddle's told me the night before that they were thinking about meeting me in Thomas for the ride back down. As I got to Thomas no Riddles were in site. No biggie I thought to myself I just hocked up the iPod and started the 40 mile ride down.

My pace was high at first but after I flew by the second waterfall without even looking I had to stop for the third.

We have had a desent amount of rain this week so the normal Pendleton Falls had a nice little bit of water over them. Once again I was on my way when I rode upon a group of riders. As I passed them one man said,"did you see the rattle snake?". Crap I missed it, but I thought maybe it was a good thing I didn't see it right in the middle of the trail when I was going 15 - 20 mph.
I didn't seeany bears? What do they mean? lol


Well I amy have missed the snake but just a mile or so later I saw the biggest and craziest catipiler I have ever seen. It was as fat as a roll of quaters and as long as a hot dog. Someone tell me what it is and what the hell does turn into when it gets wings???? GEt back to me on that.

Well it took 3 hours and 5 minutes but I made it to Gina's office in Elkins. I was just in time for her to get off work and we headed out for some Mexican for dinner. Yummy Yummy in my tummy!!! Well worth the ride.

Well I still not smoking just incase you wonder and I think I make it. Tomorrow I am head to the Cannondale Factory in PA going to pick up a few new bike for the shop. I better be a good boy. I could easy leave there with a few of my own. Guess I better leave the wallet and check book at home... Night

No comments: