Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Get out the sun dress and big hats for polo!


So tonight Jason Cyr, Sarah Deacon, Matt Marcus, Jeff Melnick, the Gusho's and I took part in the first bike polo match in Davis. It was a blast! Even Jeff who had played once before and didn't like told me afterwards that it was great and would be back. That good considering him hit the ground way more then anyone else.

So it has been a week since my last post and that because it been a crazy last few days. Saturday I was in Clarksburg, WV for the Jerry Dove 5k run. This event took place on the FBI center grounds. I had to fill out all kinds of paper before hand because I was bring photographic equipment onto the property. Once I arrived on Saturday I was told that I was only aloud to take photos in a curtain area. What the hell they doing over there? Seems like more then finger print stuff to me.

Do we really need the guns and bullet proof vests for a 5k?


Running from the FBI



Then Sunday it was off to Kesson, WV for the West Virginia State Championship Road Race. Turn out was low with only 38 riders. I am not sure what the deal has been with Thad's races this year. He puts on good events and he is a nice guy?! Well I got roped into doing the timing for the race and photos had to take a back seat.



Then on Monday I was off to Summersville, WV to take photos of "The Animal Down River Race" This was the third year in a row that I took photos of the event and every year I dread the hike down to the river. One of the only good spots to take photos on the gauly river and to get to it you must go down a 1000ft from the overlook to the river. It is a straight up and down trail and one little slip would make it a very bad day. Going down is hard but coming back up is terrible. I am in better shape now adays with all the riding I have been doing, but that trail is so steep that you have to take a break every 30ft or so.


So that was my week. Not a very interesting post but oh well!

2 comments:

gunnar said...

Where's that pic of the fella that won the RR on Sunday?

You not like him any more?
Him not paying you enough?

Unknown said...

JR likes me more. I've got TWO pics