Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer coming to an end!

Well this past weekend was the final race in the WVMBA point series and to be honest I am sad to see it come. I am coming off one of the best summer I have had in my life. The traveling, all the work and little to no pay would make most people sick of things at this point but hanging out with friends and getting to ride every weekend made it all worth it. I can't even tell you how many new friends I have made this year at the races. Many people have asked me if I plan on being Director of WVMBA in 2009 and I respond by always saying they will have to kick me out. I am sure someday I will not be as excited to jump in the car every weekend but for now I am happy do what ever I can for mountain biking in the state of WV. It late so I am off to bed but I want to leave you with some images from different 2008 WVMBA events and some randem photos of friends.

Some of the peeps from this year















3 comments:

crs said...

Well said sir!!! And after some sleep and some CX racn' I too will be ready to go again. Thanks for doing what you do. It means a lot to many.

chimichaga said...

right on brotherman! you and all the people ive met in the WV mtb community are super cool, friendly and fun. i now call my home state EV to give WV the proper respect it deserves :)

Joey and Mandi said...

Thanks a lot for all your personal sacrifice. JR you are a genuinaly good person who always seems to but the wants and needs of others above his own. Thanks for all your tireless work in making the WVMBA series the best race series in the USA. Now its time to put the racing numbers away and do some fall epics and really enjoy what this state has to offer.

JOEY