Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ride at 5! Sept. 4,2008

OK so I going to make a post about a ride again sue me! We had great weather tonight in Davis and around 28 folks showed up for the ride at five. I was actually surprised it wasn't around 35 people, it was BEAUTIFUL outside. After doing the 30 mile ride yesterday my legs were feeling less then perfect so I decided early that I was doing the B ride. I am so glad I made that choice. Gary, Sarah, Tom, Charlie, Melissa and I headed towards brown mountain with a comfortable pace. The chatter was heavy and the laughs were jolly. Once at the turn for Brown Mountain taril we headed up the hill and half way up we stopped to take a break and let everyone regroup. This was a pattern throughout the ride. Joking, laughing, ride, regroup. The point I am trying to make is that not every ride needs to be a dick swing, gear pushing, crack fest to be fun. We made our way to the Hoo-doo rock which is a pretty challenging section for about a mile or two and everyone on the ride did great. A few on the ride never do trails like that so it was nice to get them out there and cheer for them as we regrouped.

As we headed back towards town we ran into Carrie "I can crash with the best of them!" Hawkins and Mandy. I was happy to see Mandy cause she told me earlier in the week she would be off the bike for a while because of a crash a few days before. Mandy did show me the bruises on her legs. They ran from top to bottom of BOTH legs with some cuts thrown in for good messure. You look like a mountain biker Mandy!! Sweet! Carrie also was recovering from a crash that she took into the bushes a few weeks back. Well about that time it was starting to get dark so we headed back towards town. For those of you who don't ride here often there is one big rock one the way back that cause problems for most people. I myself only have about a 50% success rate on the rock. As we got to the rock Carrie was deteremined to meet her fear and get up that rock. Well right before "The Rock" she hit a different one and went over the bars hard! She just missed smashing her head on "the rock". I happened to be just behind her and it scared the shit out of me, but when I asked she said I am ok. What a tough girl. I would have layed there for a bit. Well I am happy to say we made it back to town and everyone is safe. I didn't see Carrie at dinner. Hope you ok! Here is the DPS information for the ride if you want to see it.

How about some faces to gowith the names! Sorry this is all I have for right now.
Carrie "Crash" Hawkins



Gary Bertti




Mandy Starr



Sarah "Your Momma's So..." Decon



Melissa Plus Rob

No comments: