Thursday, July 10, 2008

The B Ride

To night was the world famous Blackwater Bikes ride at 5! Some night more then 30 rides show in town for the ride but surprisingly tonight there was only around 17 or so. I had been riding with the A group but last week after moving furniture all day I decided to ride with the B group. What fun it was. This week I just wasn't sure what group to go with but when Nick W. showed up and 3 other guys that probably hit puberty in the last few year my mind was made up to go with the B team again. I am glad I did. Mikey, Mandy, Jordan, Kim, Sarah and I were joined by 4 other that I really don't know and we headed out to camp 70. Mikey made the pace which I felt was perfect.

As always there was some passing going on by some of the guys. Never understood why people always want to be in front. It sure is a pain in my ass because I hate being passed.. So Kim (Mountain Goat) and I took the lead and push the pass just enough to keep the guys in check.. I could tell it was a good pace when one of the guys behind took a spill trying to keep up. It was kinda funny because when he fell over his pedals didn't release and he was one his bad with the bike above him. Kinda looked like he was trying to ride that way. hehe. After a few miles every one settled down and it because a very nice relaxing ride. The natives got a little restless with all the climbs but the climbs up here are so short even in out of shape state I don't think to much about them. Doing a 2 or 3 mile climb from Henry clay now that's a climb and that what I been used to riding in Mo-Town for years.

One thing that I love about living in Davis is all the girls that come out for the rides. I been in Davis since October and I road with more girl in that amount of time than all the years in Morgantown. Hey Goose maybe you come down here and meet a biker chic that would understand your life style?!

Next was the final push home. Easy rail grade back to town and I love it. It a perfect time to chat and get to know each other better. Congrads to Mandy on riding the dip. Early in the ride she said, "do we have to go through there?". She tried it for the first time and made it.

Here is the GPS info from the ride - http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=179388

Once back it town I was tickled pink to see that the A ride had been back for sometime. Its a good feeling when were out longer then the dick swingin' boys! After a good cleaning of the bike we headed to sirianni's for some pasta and Mikey's buying!!! On a said note we had a nice conversation on the love of sugar kids cerals. Kim husbad even admit he get up in the middle of the night to have a bowl.. Many offer a bowl of lucky charms at her house but I had to get home and blog before the team bi-atch crew gave me a hard time..

Well tomorrowit is off to Morgantown to shoot the 5-miler race the Saturday morning it is off to Parkerburg to start setting up for Sunday's WVMBA race the North Bend Challenge.. Yes I am racing again.. Goal is to not be the last one of the course like last week.

The B Rider eating some free food! Thanks Mikey!

1 comment:

Joey and Mandi said...

Thanks for letting us know about this blog! I found it a little late but will be waiting for those updates. Maybe we will see you in Davis soon for one of those group rides.
Mandi