Monday, July 21, 2008

Papa got a brand new hat?!

OK this may sound kinda werid but isn't that what blogs are for? I have always been one of those bigger people. When in junior high I was known as fatboy just like today. Back then kids were just being mean and of course I didn't like it very much, but now a days I own it. The nick name started again from Roger Lilly at Blackwater Bikes. When I first moved to Davis I was fat and out of really out of shape. Roger would pound me into the ground when we rode togeather. So the nick name begain. I still fat and I would say semi out of shape now, but when Roger and I rode togeather on saturday I turn the screw and hurt him a little I think. :) So like I said I am really starting to own the nick name and must say I dont mind at all. At yesterdays race I even wrote it one my water bottles that I placed at the water station. Now it has all come full circle with my new hat!


I am also on day 3 of taking my stop smoking pills.. Starting to get nervous!


Now for a little race recap. At the pre-race meeting the race director said the course was a little hilly. In english that means your going to be climbing your ass off. My bro Jason Cyr said it was the most climbing he'd ever seen in a WVMBA race. Not good news for Fatboy. It was hard but I finished. I was however the last sport rider of the course once again and that drives me nuts. Got to keep riding I guess. I would say though that the legs are really starting to get there. It is the fact that I pull 30 or 40 pounds more weight up the hill then the rest of the clydesdales in my class. That goodness that the expert class did a very long loop and I was able to finish before a lot of them to not be the last person to finsih. Here is my race GPS info. Even though it really really hurts I happy to be out racing again. If nothing else it great to get me in shape. I go a lot harder then I would one just a ride. I also what to say that Jason Martin did a fantastic job of putting on his first race. Bang up job!

No comments: