Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Riddle Mountain





Tonight I head 40 minutes down the mountain to visit my friends the Riddle's Joey was going to help me with a few bike issues I was having at his new kickass bike shop he has started. While Joey and I work on my bike, Mandi was busy like a bee working on a new bird house for their back yard. Since I was coming down to have "Joey's Bike Shop" work on my wheels he suggested we go for a ride after shop hours. I was game..



The right took us on a killer loop of back roads around the Elkins area. I was even feeling pretty good. There was only one real climb on the ride. At the begining it was like uphill steps. You would ride a flat section then the road pitched up. I was dancing on the pedals and rolling pretty good for me. After about the 10 tenth step I was starting to get tired. I was to worried cause I figured we were near the top. Then Mandi said a few work that killed my spirit. "It really starts to go up now!". I not sure on the distance but it was a long stead climb. It hurt a good bit but I made it and was not to far behind the Mountain goats that the Riddles are. Of course though I was going full out and they were just riding lol. Once to the top there were some great views of the mountains. Totally worth the ride up. It was then time to fly back down hill towards home. We even did a litlle pace lining on the road. But I would have to say Joey small body doesn't cut though the wind as well as my LARGE body! I have to send him a box of donuts or something every week to fix that.

I had a blast and I thing they did to. Sounds like we may start riding together on most Tuesdays. Here is a link to the ride data! Thanks guys!

No comments: